Each year our Committee is established at our Annual General Meeting usually in October. Any LYC member can be elected and our constitution ensures a healthy rotation. The Committee actively manage the club and it’s facilities and the sailing and social events. Other members do lots of good work behind the scenes. So if you feel like ‘doing your bit’ for the Club, you can contact any member of the committee or email the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The committee meets usually on the first or second Tuesday of each month and minutes can be seen on the members’ section.
Commodore Hamish Loudon Tel. 01397 702370 or 07879 651851
Vice Commodore Vince Dean
Hon Secretary Stephanie James, Tel. 01397 706307 or 07787 766193 Burnlea, Achintore Road, Fort William PH33 6RN
Hon. Treasurer Domhnull Montgomery, Tel. 01397 712182, Cala Na Sith, The Knoll, Roybridge, PH31 4AQ
Membership Secretary Andy McKenna, t: 07760 166970 – email@example.com
Junior representative- Josh Balcombe.
• Dinghy sailing convenor- Jon Gay, Vince Dean.
• Keelboat sailing convenor- Tim Sims, Steph James.
• Training co-ordinator- Hamish Loudon.
• RYA Principal Officer- Jon Gay.
• RYA Principal/Senior Sailing Instructor- Hamish Loudon.
• RYA Principal/Senior Powerboat Instructor- Stephen Marshall.
• Safety Officer- Cherryl Allan, Kenny Clark.
• Child Protection Officer- Cherryl Allan.
• Safety boat maintenance- Chris Strong, Vince Dean.
• Club Property- Harry Jeffrey.
• Dinghy parks- Vince Dean, Andy McKenna, Keiron Shatwell.
• Club boats- Jon Gay, Amanda Henderson, (Ian Dewar Sea Cadet boats).
• VHF radios- Stephen Marshall.
• Membership- Andy McKenna.
• Regatta and open events- Victoria Kimber and ad hoc team(s).
• Catering and social events- Liz Loudon, Vince Dean (to coordinate ad hoc teams).
• Club Handbook– data and printing- Stephanie James, Chris Strong, Andy McKenna,
• Tide Tables- Hamish Loudon.
• Publicity- Victoria Kimber, Andy McKenna, (Karen Dean Social Media).
• Trophy Convenor- Abigail Wineberg.
• Sailing Development Team- Vince Dean, Andy McKenna, Keiron Shatwell, Victoria Kimber,
• Shed Construction Team- Vince Dean, Harry Jeffrey, Tim Sims, Jon Gay and others.
• Sea Cadet rep- Ian Dewar.